The President and Commander In Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces,
Alhaji Muhammadu Buhari GCFR, has approved the voluntary retirement of
the Comptroller-General of Customs Dikko Inde Abdullahi CFR from
service with effect from Tuesday 18th August 2015.
2. In the letter conveying his acceptance of the retirement, President
Buhari expressed the appreciation of Government for the Service which
the Comptroller General has rendered to the Nation in the last six
3. The CGC had earlier in the month written to Mr. President
indicating his desire to voluntarily retire from service with effect
from 18th August 2015. In the letter, Abdullahi expressed his
satisfaction on the massive achievements recorded through dogged
implementation of his six point agenda which has modernized the
Service. These are;
• Capacity Building of Officers and Men
• ICT- Maximization of the potential of e-customs
• Moral Rebirth for Integrity
• Enhanced Welfare for Officers and Men
• Collaboration with Stakeholders
• Coordinated Public Relations activities to foster mutual understanding.
4. In a valedictory meeting held today with Officers and Men at the
Headquarters, he urged the personnel to remain focused and support the
incoming administration to consolidate on his achievements.
Contact Editor through Citybusinessnews@yahoo.com